Sunday, September 17, 2017

violent media

Growing up I looked up to spiderman. However, spiderman taught me that stealing,fighting,shooting, and lien were bad. spiderman also taught me doing them bad thing's would lead to more serious consequences then time and a whooping. However, he showed me stealing could take me to jail. For example, at the age of 5 I use to steal money, clothes, and games. I was always put on punishment.

However, one day i was sitting at home watching the new movie superman two. Greg the super villain stole money out the bank and tried to get away. spiderman webbed out a dark ally and web greg and took him to jail. I seen men walking around in orange suits and bars that looked like a dog cage. I asked my mom "what is this place on TV?". She answered "that place right there is what you call jail, women and men go there when they do bad things like steal".

After that day i changed my actions. I stopped stealing, fighting, and being disrespectful. I didn't want to go to jail. spiderman became my role model. He showed me bad guys were bad and doing bad thing would lead to serious consequences. Most violent media has superhero's making the world a better place. Violent media shows more then violent it shows hero's, leaders, and consequences for actions.

I wouldn't say media isn't harmless. However, I wouldn't say it isn't scary and give bad vision. However, kids are going to watch what they want to at the end of the day. You can't really band kids from watching violent media. For example, violent media is everywhere news, halloween, and schools. So how could you stop kids from watching it? when it happens in society.

As a parent you should show your kids what's right and wrong. Don't blame violent media for kids action. Violent media actually have an good impact on kids life. It shows consequences and leaders. It's the parents job to teach their kids whats right and wrong. How would you feel if your parents took your favorite superhero from you? because every superhero media is violent.

No comments:

Post a Comment